Candle Magic has been around for many, many years, being traced as far back as the Paleolithic era. It is a very powerful form of sympathetic magic. By the time we are three we have begun using candle magic. Blowing out the tiny birthday candles on our cake and making a wish is magic of the purist from. This childhood custom is based on the three magical principals, concentration, will power and visualization. In simple terms, the child who wants his wish to come true has to concentrate (blow out the candles), visualize the end result (make a wish) and hope that it will come true( will power).
When using candle magic in healing we apply the principles used in color healing. Color is important to the practice of candle burning for two reasons. One, the color chosen is a particular frequency. It will contribute to the energies as a whole. Second, the color contributes to the vbs, (vibrations per second) of the resonating value. Use a colored candle that has the traits which meet the needs of the illness. During and after the practice always visualize the afflicted person as completely healed. Combining these with the force of your emotional attachment they become a potent catalyst for manifestation. Doesn't everything we want begin with our thinking of it first? Yes, so what we think is a valuable component to the manifestation.
SIMPLE GUIDELINES FOR CANDLE BURNING
- 1. The color of the candle is the frequency you will amplify and release.
- 2. The color of candle you choose is determined by what is needed.
- 3. Candles should be 'dressed' and cleansed before each use. This rids the candle of any accumulated negativity. I recommend rubbing them with an all cotton, white color, flannel fabric. Rub them in one direction only, as not to build any static charge that could affect the energy flow. After you cleanse them hold the candle and state a simple affirmation over them as a 'blessing' of the candle.
- 4. Never mix use candles. i.e.: If a candle as been used for healing never use it for anything else. This remains true for all uses. Mix use will conflict the energy and weaken or disrupt the clear frequency.
- 5. This is THE GOLDEN RULE of candle burning. Never use candle burning to inflict pain, discomfort or to manipulate another person's Free Will. To do so will create some very negative karma for the one who does it. In candle burning one produces ten---which means whatever you put out to someone else comes back 10 times on you. As an added note of information for those who may not be familiar with.
The Law of Manipulation. One should not pray, excite or execute any motion of thought or action directly 'to' or 'for' another without their explicit acceptance. Nor should one do absent healing or any for of energy implementation toward another without their avowal. It is allowed and not a Free Will breach to generally pray, excite or excite energy implementation for or toward another. i.e.: 'I pray for the uplifting of all souls.' 'May those who are in need find assistance and safety.' These examples DO NOT breach the laws governing Manipulation.
- 6. Never use the breath to extinguish a candle flame. To do so affects the frequency of the ending part of the candle burning session. The breath is an energy affecting force and is use in other forms of healing. The two creative forces of 'breath' and 'flame' can conflict the creative forces and desired effects instead use a metal cup or flame snuffer made for this purpose .
Candle color and their use in healing:
- White- For cleansing, use to purify any event or area. White is spiritual, it is soothing during pregnancy for mother and fetus.
- Purple- Dispels negativity, soothes paranoia.
- Green- Use to increase vitality and stamina
- Orange- Use to sooth ragged nerves
- Red- Is best for all healing.
Here is an example of a standard candle burning session. First, I recommend a short meditation session, just to clear your energies and help you focus. Next choose the appropriate color, remember red is good for all healing sessions. Cleanse the candles and arrange in a triangle formation. Sit in the middle of the triangle. Holding the candles in your hand say some blessing or spiritual affirmation such as, "Oh Universe or Oh Lord, bless these candles." "Give bounty to my request if all is in balance as I ask it." Now state your intent of healing clearly. Next, sit, quietly, for 10 or 15 minutes, concentrate and visualize the healing taking place.
Breathe deeply and slowly inside the triangle. After the allowed time is over. Usually, 10 or 15 minutes will be enough time inside the candle layout. Next, you must extinguish the flame of each candle.Your session is now over. You may, depending on what you are asking for, want to do this for several sessions.
Keep in mind that some candle magic has to be repeated over a period of days. Therefore, you will want to place them in an area that will not be disturbed. Do not choose a place where there is a TV, radio noise or disturbances of any kind. Keep in mind to not put candles near curtains and such, as you would not want to burn your house down. Candle magic should always be performed in a low traffic area.
Visit Uriel on Myspace!